Organic compounds that are widely used for textile and fabric coloring are called dyes commonly produced from plants or either chemically. They are absorbed into the pores of a fabric material due to two reasons unlike paint which built up the surface.
- The very first reason is that the dye molecules are quite smaller than the pores of the fabric hence; it has narrow length and breadth but relatively with little less thickness.
- Second reason is to support its affinity. Dyes when diffuse in the fabric are held over there by the attraction force amongst dye and the fabric.
Dyes has its own antique background. Historically, dyestuff for coloring the textile or fabric was extracted from vegetables, animals and mineral sources and as these were water insoluble so the complex processes used to take place to provide rich and fast colors but they were really expensive. The first synthetic dyes were produced from coal tar in 1856, which lead replacing natural dyes with synthetic dyes.
There are several classification and each class has its own unique chemistry and structure. Very common classification is done based on source. Accordingly it could be:
- Natural dyestuff which are more often negatively charged and were commonly used in ancient times.
- Synthetic dyes, procure from organic and inorganic compounds. Several classes for the same are acid dyes, metal complex, direct, reactive etc.
In today’s era various dyes are used in almost all industries globally. One of its type which are in demand are Acid Dyes.
- Common features of Acid Dyes
Acid dyes are usually classified based on their dyeing behaviour and their washing fastness. They have various properties such as they are:
- Water soluble
- Applied in acidic condition
- Anionic in nature
- Not much suitable for cellulosics
Acid Dyes are very effective for protein fibres like wool, nylon, silk and acrylic. There are different types of acid dyes classified based on levelling properties and fastness properties like neutral, weak, strong.
Its chemical compositions are simplified into two classes that are acid levelling and milling dyes.
- Acid Levelling Dyes allow dye molecule to absorb in the fabric which eventually gives an even color. But the main factor over here is, it is not water resistant due to low affinity.
- Acid Milling have larger molecules than acid levelling, hence it is water resistant. But they do have strong color shade.
Today, all the color additives found in food, medicines, vitamins, food pastes, toothpaste, cream, beverages, cosmetics and more are synthetic and also available in various colors likes Acid Red, Acid Yellow, Acid Brown, Acid Black, Acid Orange, Acid Violet, Acid Green and Acid Blue.
Now a days, acid dyes manufacturer are producing it from petroleum. These are approved by Food & Drug Administration that permits to add it in food and other products. To prevent fats from becoming rancid, antioxidant preservatives are used as it increases the shelf life.
- Suajanya Exports on Acid Dyes
We are reputed dyes & pigments, food colours manufacturer and exporter committed to provide varied range of high quality color additives. We value our esteem customers and are consistent in meeting their requirement.
We are leading dyes exporter and have achieved growth and success in short span.
Our acid color additives are
- Undergone quality test
- Complaint with wash fastness, heat fastness, light fastness
- Easy and safe to use
- Varied availability of colors
- Complete customer satisfaction